Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Jane Austen Education

Hello anyone who happens to read my blog! I haven't posted in so long so i thought now was as good a time as any! Anyway, I've currently been reading a book called "A Jane Austen Education" by William Deresciewicz (SP?). Let me just say one thing: I LOVE IT!!!!!! Ahem. I haven't finished it yet but I have read four out of six chapters. It is by an English grad student who is forced to read "Emma" by Jane Austen for school. At first, he dreads it but ends up loving the book. Throughout each chapter, then, he gives insightful feedback about each book, what he learned from them, and how they affected his life. As one may guess from just looking at my blog, I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan. However, some of her books (e.g. Emma, Mansfield Park), I didn't like as much. But this book gave me a different perspective on them, telling me what one can learn from them that I can't wait to reread them! Though I have not yet finished it, this book has given me a new appreciation for Jane Austen. I highly recommend it!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment